Collection of Information. When you use our Services, we may collect two types of information: Personal Information and Anonymous Data, each as defined below.
A. Personal Information. “Personal Information” means any information that can identify, relate to, describe, be associated with, or be reasonably capable of being associated with a particular individual or household. The types of Personal Information we collect may include, among other things, the following categories of Personal Information:
- contact information, such as your name, email address, telephone and facsimile numbers, and/or postal address, or the contact information of any third-party that you provide us;
- your company name, title, business license number, and other information about your company and job function;
- the contents of any communication you send us;
- information necessary to provide Engineering Services to you; and;
- other information specific to you which you voluntarily provide to us.
Mellor Engineering and our service providers collect Personal Information from you as follows:
Information you provide through the Website. We collect Personal Information that you enter when using the Website. Providing Personal Information on the Website is voluntary, and you can use the Website without providing us with any Personal Information. When you send us an email, or fill out the “Contact Us” form on our Website, we collect Personal Information from you, including your name, email address, and the contents of your communication.
Information you provide through our Engineering Services. When you become a client and request that we provide you with Engineering Services, we will collect Personal Information in order to provide the specific Engineering Services you requested. We are
unable to provide you with Engineering Services unless we collect Personal Information from you. In connection with the Engineering Services, we collect your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, details about your engineering issue, billing or financial information, and any other Personal Information you provide to us in order for us to perform the Engineering Services you requested.
Information you provide to apply for employment with Mellor Engineering. If you apply for employment with our firm, we collect the Personal Information on your resume, including without limitation your name, address, telephone number, email addresses, professional and educational history, and any other Personal information you provide.
B. Anonymous Data. Anonymous Data is information about your use of the Services and cannot be used to personally identify you. Anonymous Data includes the following information:
- internet protocol (IP) address;
- browser language and type;
- domain name system requests;
- material and pages viewed;
- time and date of access to the Website;
- number of bytes transferred;
- number of clicks per visit;
- operating system and platform, device type, and device identifiers; and
- MAC address, device ID/UDID, or similar device-specific code
Mellor Engineering collects Anonymous Data from you as follows:
Your use of the Website. Your visit to and use of the Website triggers the automatic collection of certain Anonymous Data about your computer system, including but not limited to your general location, browser type, operating system, the pages of the Website you visited, and the duration of your visit.
Cookies. From time to time, we may use “cookies” to keep track of your visit to and use of the Website. Cookies are small files that websites save to your hard disk or to your browser’s memory. We may use them to track the number of times you have visited the site, to track the number of visitors to the Website, to determine and analyze your use of the Website, and to store technical information useful for your
interactions with the Website. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies, and you may continue to use the Website if you decline to accept cookies. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may be able to modify your browser settings to reject cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your computer.
How We Use Your Information. We only use your Personal Information for the purposes for which it was collected, unless otherwise
required by law. Personal Information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- manage, prepare, and provide the Engineering Services you requested;
- send Emails or other communications to you;
- verify your identity;
- personalize your use of the Services;
- consider your application for employment;
- issue invoices and collect and process payments;
- respond to your communications or to provide the information you requested, such as details about our Services; or
- for any other purpose to which you expressly consent.
We use your Anonymous Data to:
- analyze usage of the Website and identify usage trends;
- diagnose Website technical problems;
- enhance, modify, or expand our Services;
- analyze the security of the Website, prevent fraud, and monitor for intrusions;
- and any other purposes authorized by law.
How We Share Your Information. We may occasionally share your Personal Information with third parties as described below. We only
share your information to the extent necessary to accomplish the purpose for which the information was shared. We do not sell or rent your Personal Information, nor do we provide your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes. We share your Personal Information with the following parties:
- Service Providers. We share your Personal Information with third parties that provide services to us or on our behalf, including but not limited to processing payments, sending Emails, delivering postal mail, creating and managing contact lists, analyzing data, tracking Website analytics, and providing customer service.
- Facilitating Requests. We will share your Personal Information with third parties at your request in connection with the Engineering Services we perform for you, such as when we contact a government or regulatory agency on your behalf.
- Additionally, we may share your Personal Information in order to protect the rights, property, safety and security of Mellor Engineering and our employees, clients, and affiliates.
- Merger or Acquisition. In the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation of Mellor Engineering, we may have to disclose, transfer, sell, or assign your information obtained through the Site or Services. Whenever possible, you will be given notice of the transfer of your personal information.
How We Protect Your Information.
Mellor Engineering takes the confidentiality of our clients’ information and the security of Personal Information very seriously. We adopt commercially reasonable physical, electronic, procedural, technical, and administrative data security measures and data collection and storage practices to protect the confidential information of our clients and prevent unauthorized access, use, disclosure, loss, or destruction of your Personal Information. We educate and communicate to our employees the need to protect all user Personal Information. Our service providers are prohibited from using your Personal Information for any purposes other than the service they provide on our behalf.
You need to know, however, that due to the open communication nature of the Internet, no transmission is 100% secure. We cannot guarantee that any confidential or Personal Information you send us, or we send to you at your request, will be free from delay, interruption, interception, or error.
California Residents’ Privacy Rights.
The following rights apply only to residents of California:
A. Shine the Light Disclosures: Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (the “Shine the Light” law), California residents who provide certain Personal Information in connection with obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us: (a) a list of the categories of Personal Information, such as name, address, email address, and the type of services provided to the user, that we have disclosed to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties.
We do not share your Personal Information with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing purposes.
B. California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Disclosures. The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) (Cal. Civ. Code §1798.100 et seq.) requires that we disclose, among other things, the categories of Personal Information we have collected from California residents in the previous twelve (12) month period and the source. This information is set forth below:
- Identifiers: Name, address, email address, IP address, account (source= client, website)
- California Customer Records Information: Education, employment history, bank account number, or other financial information. (source= Client; Employee)
- Internet Information Browsing history, search history, or other information about a consumer’s interaction with our Website
- Education: Information Education information (source= employee)
We have used this information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with Engineering Services;
- To consider your application for employment or provide employment to you;
- To deliver Emails or administrative communications to you;
- To improve our Website and Services;
- To respond to communications from you; and
- To manage our Website, diagnose technical problems, and improve content;
I. Personal Information Disclosure
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information, as defined above, to third parties:
- California Customer Records Information
- Professional Information
- Internet Information
Such information was disclosed to:
- third parties at your request as part of the Legal Services, such as when you ask us to contact a government agency on your behalf; and
- third party providers that provide services to us or to you on our behalf, such as providers that help us with processing payment, sending postal mail and email, analyzing data, providing search results and links, tracking website analytics, and providing customer service.
Mellor Engineering has not sold any Personal Information of any California residents within the past twelve (12) months.
II. Your Rights
Pursuant to the CCPA, California residents have the right to request from us, for the preceding twelve (12) month period: (1) the categories of Personal Information and the specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about the resident, (2) the categories of sources from whom the Personal Information was collected, (3) our purposes for collecting the Personal Information, and (4) the categories of third parties with whom we have shared the Personal Information.
You also have the right to request that we delete any Personal Information we have collected from you. Once we verify your request, we will delete any Personal Information from our records, unless retaining your Personal Information is necessary for us to:
- complete the purpose for which we have collected the Personal Information, provide you with the Services, or as reasonably anticipated in the context of our relationship;
- offer employment or provide employment benefits;
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- identify and resolve errors in the Services or security threats; or
- comply with a legal obligation.
We will confirm receipt of right to know and deletion requests within ten (10) business days of receiving such requests and will provide information as to how we will process such requests. We will respond to verified requests within forty-five (45) days of receipt. Please note that we are only required to respond to each website visitor twice per twelve (12) month period. We are not required to: (1) retain any Personal Information about you that was collected for a single one- time transaction if, in the ordinary course of business, that information about you is not retained; or (2) reidentify or otherwise link any data that, in the ordinary course of business, is not maintained in a manner that would be considered Personal Information.
III. Where to Send Requests
If you are a California resident and you wish to make any of the above requests, please send a request to:
Mail: Mellor Engineering
P.O. Box 656
Spring Valley, CA 91976
When you contact us, you will need to provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g., your full name and address); proof of your identity and address (e.g., a copy of your driving license); and a description of what right you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates. We are not obligated to make a data access or data portability disclosure if we cannot verify that the person making the request is the person about whom we collected information or is someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf. Any Personal Information we collect from you to verify your identity in connection with your request will be used solely for the purposes of verification. Upon verification, we will provide the requested information to you within the time period noted above. The information will be provided to you free of charge. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under this section.
Reviewing and Correcting Your Information.
You can review or correct the Personal Information we have collected from you by writing to us at: Mellor Engineering, P.O. Box 656, Spring Valley, CA 91976. We may take steps to verify your identity before providing your Personal Information. You can help us maintain the accuracy of your Personal Information by notifying us of any change to your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, or business name.
Retention of your Personal Information.
We will retain your Personal Information only for as long as necessary to accomplish the identified purpose for which it was collected, or as required by law, whichever is longer. If you are a client or former client, we are legally required to retain files which contain your Personal Information for a certain period of time. Once that period expires, we will return all files to you, if you choose, or destroy your files.
Questions About Our Privacy And Information Security Practices?
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or procedures, please feel free to contact us by mail, to: Mellor Engineering, P.O. Box 656, Spring Valley, CA 91976.